1) Eyelid Scrubs: Using a clean, warm washcloth to scrub around the eyelids can help blepharitis. There are also some commercial eye wipes sold for blepharitis.
Examples of these are:
- Ocusoft Wipes- commercial wipe for the lids
- Systane Wipes—commercial wipe for the lids
2) Warm compresses: Applying a warm compress with a washcloth can help the inflamed oil glands of the eyelid.
3) Antibiotic ointment:This is used when there is an overgrowth of bacteria causing the blepharitis. In some cases antibiotics are not needed for blepharitis.
4) Nutritional therapy: Omega-3 supplements have been shown in some studies to help chronic blepharitis patients.